What’s the difference? Laminate is essentially a picture of wood on plastic with pressed saw dust as its core. Laminate soaks up water like a sponge and isn’t any more scratch resistant.
Nothing can match the richness and natural beauty of a true hardwood. There are two types of hardwood floors, solid and engineered. Solid floors are just as described, a ¾” solid oak or maple, usually with a smooth pre-finished or a polyurethane “sand on-site and seal” finish.
All of our floors are an engineered hardwood, which is made up of 7-9 cross-layers of hardwood approximately ½” thick. Cross-layering the floor gives it a much higher tensile strength which prevents most of the expansion, contraction and cupping that is prevalent with solid hardwood flooring. Our floors offer a 50-year wear warranty which means you will not be refinishing the floors for a very long time and all our hardwoods have a lifetime structural warranty.
- Laminate is a picture of wood on plastic.
- Laminate will get you the lowest return on investment
- Laminate has a pressed sawdust core and will swell with moisture.
- Solid hardwoods often have a smooth sand on-site polyurethane finish
- Solid hardwoods are more susceptible to expansion, contraction and cupping.
- Solid hardwoods will eventually require to be re-sanded and re-finished.
- Solid hardwoods should not be glued to concrete, requiring a plywood subfloor to be laid down first.
- Engineered hardwood is real hardwood
- Our engineered hardwood is wire-brushed or hand-scraped and distressed which makes it more forgiving.
- Our engineered hardwoods will not need to be sanded and refinished for at least 50 YEARS and the structure has a LIFETIME warranty.
- Our engineered hardwood will not expand and contract and are designed to be glued directly to wood or concrete subfloors.
- We only sell premium grade engineered hardwood flooring that are “first-cut, first-quality.” We do not sell “factory seconds” or “cabin grade” hardwoods.
To view Forever Flooring’s Engineered Hardwood selection, visit https://foreverfloorings.com/engineered-hardwood-flooring/.
To view Forever Flooring’s Tile selection, visit https://foreverfloorings.com/tile-flooring/.
To view Forever Flooring’s Luxury Vinyl Plank selection, visit: https://foreverfloorings.com/luxury-vinyl-plank-flooring/.